Banana Muffins Recipe
I love baking. Especially with children. I think it’s important to teach children to cook/bake from scratch. Plus it’s fun! Banana muffins are so yummy. I used to make banana bread but I find banana muffins easier and better in my opinion. They make great snacks and can be added to lunch boxes too.
I use this recipe and it works every time. The muffins come out light, fluffy and delicious!
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas (mashed) the riper the better!
- 15og caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g butter, melted
Method for banana muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin. I suppose you could use silicon muffin cases but I’ve never tried.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt then set aside.
- Combine the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Then fold in the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the muffins bring back when lightly tapped.
Your muffins should look like this…
They are very easy to make so perfect to make with little ones!
If you need a dairy free recipe for banana muffins or banana bread take a look at my dairy free banana bread recipe!