Parent Gift Guide
When I first starting working as a nanny I struggled for ideas of what to get the parents for their birthday or Christmas. Whether it was a gift from the children or a gift from myself. So I thought I would put together a little parent gift guide to give other nannies some ideas or even parents to struggle thinking of gift ideas for their significant other from the children.
Parent gift guide for Christmas
- As always homemade cards are always a nice gift
- Every year I like to make a personalised photo calendar for the following year filled with pictures of the boys I had taken that year. It’s really special and sometimes a surprise if they haven’t seen particular photos. I usually use Visaprint. I have always found them really good and they often have promotional offers on.
- This Christmas just gone I made my bosses a hamper. They weren’t expecting it and they loved it. I added in some wine for mum, some ale and cider for dad, various cheeses, crackers, cheesy biscuits and some wild boar pate.
- Baked goods – gingerbread men, peppermint creams
Parent gift guide for birthdays
- Last year I got a photo of the boys holding a chalk board with ‘We love Daddy’ written on it. I got the photo printed and bought a lovely photo frame to put it in. Dad loved it!
- Homemade birthday card from the children
- Homemade candles for mum! You can buy all the bits from Hobbycraft or online. See my previous blog on homemade candles and you see a step by step on how to make them and all the ingredients needed.
- Homemade jewellery. I plan on getting the boys to make a homemade necklace for mum on Mother’s Day this year. I found this really cute necklace online at http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/heart-thumbprint-charm-necklaces/
- Flowers! My mum boss loves flowers. Every week she gets herself new ones so flowers are generally a good shout
- A homemade coupon for a night of free babysitting!
- Baked goods, why not try baking a birthday cake?
If you have enjoyed this post why don’t you take a look at my nanny gift guide?