The three year old and I made some Jam Tarts! They were delicious and so easy to make. You only need four ingredients and you should find all of them in your kitchen already.
- 250g Plain Flour
- Strawberry Jam
- 125g Butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons water
- First preheat your oven to 180C. Grease your muffin tray – we just used the butter
- Weigh out the flour and sieve it into a mixing bowl. Then add the butter.
3. Rub the flour and butter together until you make breadcrumbs
4. Add the water a little bit at a time until it makes a dough
5. Sprinkle some flour out onto the table and start rolling out your dough about 5mm thickness
6. Cut circles out of the dough and places them into the muffin tray
7. Insert some jam into each tart
8. Using the left over dough cut out some shapes – we cut out some stars. Then place them on top of the jam tarts
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the tarts are a nice golden brown colour
10. Let them cool before eating!