I love baking. Especially with children. I think it’s important to teach children to cook/bake from scratch. Plus it’s fun!
Banana muffins are so yummy. I used to make banana bread but I find banana muffins easier and better in my opinion.
I use this recipe and it works every time. The muffins
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas (mashed) the riper the better!
- 15og caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / gas 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin. I suppose you could use silicon muffin cases but I’ve never tried.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt then set aside.
- Combine the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Then fold in the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon evenly into the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the muffins bring back when lightly tapped.
Your muffins should look like this…